BETT ASIA 2017
Bett Asia successfully returned to Malaysia in November 2017 for its fourth edition, under the continued support of Malaysia's Ministry of Education.
Across the two days we saw:
In honour of the 50th anniversary of ASEAN, the 2017 event theme was Global Collaboration in Education. Addressing key opportunities to support collaboration and improve education systems across the Asia Pacific region.
Key highlights included:
- Ministerial panel discussion on ASEAN collaboration and moving towards a 21st century model for education
- Panel discussion on improving the traditional way of teaching, “Establishing Blended Learning Environments”
- Keynote address on ‘Education & the Fourth Industrial Revolution’
- Worldwide partner Microsoft hosted an exciting line-up of activities including a keynote session on ‘Digital transformation in Learning’, device demos, partner solutions, the passport adventure competition, and the Microsoft School Leaders and the Teachers Academy
- The Great British Classroom, showcased live lessons in the interactive classroom environment.
- 2017 Bett Asia Awards took place where we celebrated and rewarded the creativity, innovation and leadership found throughout the education sector within the region
Key Speakers included:
- H.E. Mme Sengdeuane Lachanthaboun, Minister of Education and Sports, Ministry of Education and Sports – Laos
- Ms. Sumitra Nair, Vice President - Talent Development and Digital Entrepreneurship, Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) – Malaysia
- Rt. Hon. Lord Jim Knight, Chief Education Adviser, TES Global Ltd., Advocate and Representative, Video Conferencing for Global Learning – UK
- Dr. Sophon Napathorn, Vice Minister of Education, Ministry of Education - Thailand